oCtober 1: HIP-HOP AND SING/SONGWRITER ROCK iN THE EQUESTRIAN HALL WITH TIMBUKTU, DAMN!, MAGNUS TINGSEK
– TIMBUKTU first presented his unique mix of world music, blues, and reggae in the early 1990s. His critical and humorous lyrics move brilliantly between English and Swedish.
– DAMN!'s debut album was released in the spring of 2004 and features feverish funk/rock, cool soul, sweaty afro, and acid latin. Their previous album contains a track that was later played on the American TV series Sex and the City.
– Tonight, TIMBUKTU and DAMN! continue the collaboration that proved so successful during 2003.
– MAGNUS TINGSEK began as a drummer in Sideshow Bob and later formed his own band Great 78 while also touring with Loosegoats. In 2001, MAGNUS went to Austin, Texas, to record an album with Willie Nelson's daughter Paula Nelson. They later went on tour as opening band for for Willie Nelson. September 1, MAGNUS released a solo EP and is presently touring with his band. The music is sing/songwriter rock with a touch of soul. On Friday, MAGNUS will perform with his colleague Mårten Dahl.
– At the end of the evening, MC TIMBUKTU will flip records.